Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind
Posted by: Michael Carroll
Date/Time: 16/01/2003 01:03:03

Lewis

Re my stories - there were three themes

Experience the silence inside
Have a high tolerance of ambiguity
Experience sensations inside -

My stories, distracted the conscious mind sufficiently as the individuals in my  group processed  the ambiguities they gradually went into an  altered state - accepting the suggestions. The end state would be naturally different for each  individual - but certainly, in general aware of kineasthic  system - and relatively content free.

So in summary I induced an altered state (down time) through metaphor to reduce noise (Ad) and led people to be more aware of sensations, than they would be in their regular up time state

Then in quotes in the story- I asked the unconscious to communicate through sensation- pay attention. (yes and no). Then I did the same with direct suggestion.

On courses,  I want people to become  aware of their internal kineasthics - before any elicition.  Early in courses and prior to any elicitaion- I have people pair up and one person describe for  5 minutes  their internal kinaesthetics linking language and sensation. Many people find this simple exercise very powerful? Also I have people draw a picture of their  sensations.

I find these exercise useful for people to become more conscious of sensation -paving the way for the elicition of YES/No later in the course.

Re Anchoring-
You wrote "For example, crossing threshold involves (minimally), before threshold, threshold itself, looking back post threshold at what you used to do, looking forward to what you will be doing instead. You can mark these four out spatially as several “individual” states and take the problem state through it giving directionalised change."

A lot of content above for me Lewis and a lot for a person you are working with to work out. Like I say the names are one thing - the biological processes are another. The threshold ??? means different things to different people-  I am unsure what you mean above

You wrote "I agree entirely that when significant change occurs it is usually the case that “the solution” is automatically triggered in the old context without conscious intervention. Often it is only afterwards that the person recognises that they failed to have the old response. And sometimes they fail to notice even that – which I interpret as great change-work!! That’s the kind of mastery I want to have! All clues gratefully accepted  ;o)"

Well as I said in my earlier post. I spend time really working out with the person - what is the real word stimulus for their issue. I then plug them in to it - full association and if necessary provoke the behaviour as much as I can. If you cleanly identify the real world trigger and  you plug them in nicely  (associate)there is no need to artificially anchor the problem state. You just design the intervention – help client associate into the resource i.e. the  game, task, anchor, induction whatever. Then create the context where the resource and trigger for problem occur simultaneously. So in my anchoring example I fired the kinaesthetic resource anchor as the client accessed the stimulus for present state, causing a re routing of responses at FA

All the best

Michael

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 24/12/2002 17:53:28Michael Carroll
     Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 24/12/2002 18:28:19John Schertzer
          Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 25/12/2002 00:44:50Michael Carroll
     Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 25/12/2002 00:45:19SMH
          Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 25/12/2002 01:07:32Michael Carroll
     Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 27/12/2002 21:52:28Lewis Walker
          Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 28/12/2002 02:22:54John Grinder
          Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 03/01/2003 00:24:19Michael Carroll
               Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 03/01/2003 20:57:20Lewis Walker
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 16/01/2003 01:03:03Michael Carroll
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 16/01/2003 07:40:16kc
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 17/01/2003 00:25:16Michael Carroll
                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 17/01/2003 08:51:22kc
                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Anchoring with the Unconscious in Mind 18/01/2003 23:12:20Robert

Forum Home