Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form
Posted by: John Schertzer
Date/Time: 16/09/2003 16:21:35

You guys are cooking.  Has anybody ventured the way of Deleuze and Guattari in this area?  Their way of sorting this out is something like this:

We are part (as multiplicities) of the aggregate complexity of the world, which consists of innumerable connections which come into being through a process of production-consumption, for which desiring plays a key role.  States and perceptions, joined as "partial objects," are also an aspect of this production-consumption process, aggregate collections of which can be called "planes of consistency" when exploring their epistemological rammifications.  These POC's are like mutable perceptual positions, which evolve and devolve depending on the state of linkages and the points of intensity, and one's relation to all positions in the abstract machine that organizes the entire system, which is not a system, but an assemblage of systems, some of which may not in fact actually exist, even on a conceptual level.

I don't have the time right now to explain how I think this connects and why I believe it's relevant, but...

I recommend Anti-Oedipus and A Thousand Plateaus; the latter's title is inspired by Bateson.

best,
JS

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 15/09/2003 22:34:41Pete West
     Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 08:28:43Stephen Bray
          Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 16:21:35John Schertzer
               Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 21:06:57John Schertzer
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 21:14:05Pete West
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 22:12:30John Schertzer
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 06:03:58Stephen Bray
                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 09:48:35Pete West
                                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 21:00:59John Schertzer

Forum Home