Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:NLP Modeling
Posted by: John Grinder
Date/Time: 27/05/2003 17:22:18

Hello WS

Couple of comments on your description of your modeling state:

1. "I de-focus my eyes, I use my vision to track movement" I would suggest that shifting your vision in a number of ways would prove useful - for example, you are correct that de-focusing (or focusing at a focal length well in excess of the thing you are attending to will enhance your ability to track movement (like the breathing patterns of the people in context) however if part of what the model is calbrating in the client is skin-color changes, then foveal vision is required to appreciate it.

2. "I mimic the movements of my model only after I have been in their prescense and can feel a pattern of some sort repeating, most of the time I don't know what it is but I can feel it."

I suggest that you develop the ability to use micro muscle movements to copy the movements of the model while in his/her presence - the fidelity will rise dramatically as opposed to doing it off of visual memory of the model while not in his/her presence.

3, " And then I go from there. I try to identify the pattern without judgement or at least what I think it is that I am feeling."

There is an important distinction here for me that is not apparent in what you write - namely, evaluation is a certain logical type of f2 mapping - however, only one type. All interpretation, for example, is a f2 mapping. Thus any attempt to understand what is happening as you observe (and hopefully, micro muscle mirror the model) the model is to be suspended, as such attempt violate the suspend all f2 mappings with the attendant decrease in quality of the resultant model as argued in Whispering by Carmen and me. 

4. "Then I do it consciously to see if i'm right and am achieving some what similiar results if i'm not than I drop what ever It was that I thought was the pattern and feel for the next one.

And I do that one by one until I complete the model.  Once I have a cluster of patterns then I begin the process of subtraction, I begin doing all of the patterns and then I begin leaving one out to see if there is a difference if there is not I leave that particular pattern out if there is I leave that particular pattern in.  And I continue to do that until I have the handful of patterns that make up my model.

The danger here is that there are patterns that are effective only in the context of other patterns (nested patterning) - testing them one at a time will likely yield examples where the deployment of one of the patterns (coded as X) is unsuccessful whereas if that same pattern (coded as X) were deployed in the context of some additional pattern, Y, say, it would function perfectly. This would be an example of nested patterning with X nested inside of Y.

I would recommend that you do a modeling with the suggestions offered and let us know whether you detect an increase in quality and efficiency in your modeling.

John

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
NLP Modeling Videos14/05/2003 19:20:11wild savage
     Re:NLP Modeling Videos15/05/2003 00:11:57distance
          Re:Re:NLP Modeling Videos15/05/2003 18:02:15John Grinder
               Re:Re:Re:NLP Modeling Videos15/05/2003 21:13:50Distance
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:NLP Modeling Videos16/05/2003 14:35:16John Grinder
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NLP Modeling Videos17/05/2003 16:04:43Distance
     NLP Modeling22/05/2003 23:49:51wild savage
          Re:NLP Modeling23/05/2003 18:20:10John Grinder
               NLP Modeling23/05/2003 22:30:53wildandsavage@disinfo.net
                    Re:NLP Modeling23/05/2003 22:39:54wildandsavage@disinfo.net
                         Re:Re:NLP Modeling27/05/2003 17:22:18John Grinder
                              NLP Modeling27/05/2003 19:25:17wild savage
                                   Re:NLP Modeling28/05/2003 16:20:29John Grinder
                                        Re:Re:NLP Modeling29/05/2003 16:34:53wild savage
               When, how long, which part?05/06/2003 20:33:10Thomas

Forum Home