Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form
Posted by: John Schertzer
Date/Time: 16/09/2003 22:12:30

Let's see....
I remember, while walking to my bosses office to tell him about a conference call I had with a software manufacturer, a story about a man in China a few centuries ago, and how his watching a fight between a cicada and a prey mantis led him to believe he was developing a new style of boxing.  While discussing the options we imagine we have, images haphazardly flash across my mind, and I am made aware by the expression on my bosses face, that the man in China hadn't existed at all, though the boxing style he somehow came to invent still does.  This has to do with the way my boss and I communicate.  His voice is more consistent in volume than mine, while mine has more peaks, which somehow distracts him from thinking about a game of golf he had the day before, which had somehow helped him to listen close enough and maintain his attention on the details at hand.  When his eyes become glassy and look directly across the room I grow quiet and watch him until he dismisses me from his office.  I am very tired, but I realize I cannot sleep while I am walking back to my cubicle, since walking would jar me awake.

Meanwhile the war continues as well.  It is about to dine on itself, so everyone who has the capacity gets out of the way.

I realize this has many meta model violations, but I am forced to leave and cannot unpack it anymore than I have.

best,
JS

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 15/09/2003 22:34:41Pete West
     Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 08:28:43Stephen Bray
          Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 16:21:35John Schertzer
               Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 21:06:57John Schertzer
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 21:14:05Pete West
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 16/09/2003 22:12:30John Schertzer
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 06:03:58Stephen Bray
                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 09:48:35Pete West
                                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Epistemology: mutual specificity and substance/form 17/09/2003 21:00:59John Schertzer

Forum Home