Forum Message

Topic: Re:New Code: games - field report.
Posted by: Thomas
Date/Time: 25/10/2002 06:49:38

Hello,

This post is sort of related to Michaels, yet not an explicit attempt to solve the puzzle.

Tthe last week or so I have been doing some new-code games for a brief period every day. This was prompted by Carmens hint that fifteen minutes a day may lead to an automatization of the process. That would be nice :-)

Anyway, for me I learned how to do new code games the first time more than a decade ago. In Oslo and in Santa Cruz. The process as I remember it was presented slightly different then than in whispering. I used the new code games for a number of personal changes. In more recent years however my success with the games have been variable. However - yesterday I changed one variable; speed! I did the alphabet chart game much faster than previously. In fact I accelerated up to the point where it was going so fast I was making mistakes - then of course I slowed down just slightly, and started over in order to get it right. This produced the familiar and almost forgotten buzz of a high-performance state - and interestingly I just knew at the moment I felt that buzz that this was the state I had been hunting for.

As I brought that state with me to the problem context it was also very obvious that things were different. That I was approaching the problems in that context with A LOT more resources than previously, and many small problems and parts of larger problems just went >poof<, bye bye.

However I still found myself forgetting what I was doing several times. - As I was standing in my problem-context-circle on the floor I realized that oops, I have been standing here musing without that high-quality state for minutes now! This of course is due to playing the game without coach - and yet learning how to coach myself while doing it.

I am very curious about ways others have found helpful to insure reaching a high-performance state while playing new code games, as well as tricks for self monitoring (lika Michaels in the post before this one).

All the best
Thomas

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
New Code: games and what would happen if? 03/06/2002 01:51:54Michael Carroll
     Re:New Code: games and what would happen if? 25/10/2002 02:13:32bjornles
          Re:Re:New Code: games and what would happen if? 27/10/2002 01:48:48Michael Carroll
               Re:Re:Re:New Code: games and what would happen if? 27/10/2002 22:11:10bjornles
     Re:New Code: games - field report.25/10/2002 06:49:38Thomas
          Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.30/10/2002 22:29:28Robert
               Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.30/10/2002 23:26:13Thomas
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.31/10/2002 20:57:55Robert
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.01/11/2002 08:47:48Thomas
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.02/11/2002 23:28:33Robert
               Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.30/10/2002 23:53:18Thomas
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:New Code: games - field report. A slight add to games.03/11/2002 09:51:05Robert

Forum Home