Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question
Posted by: ben
Date/Time: 08/07/2003 12:26:36

No, I couldn't learn cold-reading from my Grandma because she violates to many of its prerequisites.  For instance, when I brought my girlfriend, Tammy, home from collage for the first time, after not having mentioned I had a girlfriend to my family, the first words out of my grandmother's mouth when she saw Tammy were, "Don't worry, Tammy, we don't have those types of bees in the parts"  Tammy freaked out because in the exact moment she had been worrying about something she had read in the paper a day or two before about 'killer' bees and she didn't know which parts of the country they lived in. 

As a cold reader you wouldn't throw that out there because it reduces your chances of setting up a decent filter.  My grandmother isn't considered (or wasn't before her mind began slipping)a woman who says bizzare, random things.  For instance, she isn't somebody who says things like, "Don't worry, we don't have those kinds of bees here" in a context in which it elicits confusion or leangthy transderivational searches.

Within the context of cold readings, you shouldn't call somebody up on the phone who you have had no sensory contact with for months and say, "Jack, I'd put your child in the bathtub and get the right lotions ready as soon as he walks through the door, otherwise your gonna have one miserable kid on your hands"...I mean, you can say that, but you are working against probability.  When  my grandmother called her friend Jack (who then lived a state away)and just that, it wasn't more than 5 minutes later that Jack's son, Cole, walked in from being in the woods with an intense rash forming from poison oak, I believe. 

It also wouldn't be a good idea to begin a cold reading with a person you know nothing about with,
"Honey, you don't need to be worrying about that little old mickey mouse watch you lost- your daddy, wasn't mad at you, he was just frustrated he couldn't do anything to get it back for you after youspent all summer saving up for it"  Try saying that to a number of your friends and see how many of them freak out, confused as to how you could possibly have known about that...

gotta run

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
psychic phenomena/coding question03/07/2003 06:18:47Ben W
     Re:psychic phenomena/coding question03/07/2003 19:31:06John Grinder
          Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question05/07/2003 02:50:55Ben
               Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question05/07/2003 14:51:52Zhi Zhi Chien
               Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question05/07/2003 19:00:12John Grinder
          Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question08/07/2003 01:39:21Dimitry
               Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question08/07/2003 03:24:30ben
                    Re:psychic phenomena/coding question08/07/2003 04:06:16Dimitry
                         Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question08/07/2003 12:26:36ben
                              Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question08/07/2003 19:52:45Dimitry
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question09/07/2003 05:27:02John Grinder
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question09/07/2003 14:50:47Dimitry
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:psychic phenomena/coding question09/07/2003 17:27:41John Grinder

Forum Home