Forum Message

Topic: Re:Feed Forward of Experience
Posted by: John Grinder
Date/Time: 26/02/2003 19:16:22

Eric

1. You wrote,

"It seems to me that there may be many moments and many situations, where you might want to build in forms of feed-forward experience to build success (or enjoyment) in certain situations."

Look, the point is not a moral one - it is a perceptual one. Each feedforward filter has a price (the elimination of those classes of experience not congruent with or relevant to your objective) - there are cases in which you may be willing to pay that price. However, you are still paying the price. That was my point.

2. You wrote,

"In a review of my own experience, the greatest mistakes I have made in tangible situations (money, career, etc.), have been where I should have built feed-forward and hadn't."

From a conscious perspective, I am certain that you are correct - now, check this with your own unconscious using an involutary signal system and note the response. This is an example from the same class of arrogant conscious mind productions as the left (relatively conscious, verbal) hemisphere declaring itself the "dominant" hemisphere.

3. You wrote,

"Is there a time for feed-forward, and a time for sensory experience, or should all of life be direct sensory experience? Or should we have those filters aimed where we want them?"

Please examine the intention hehind this question. Would you really trust someone else's experience to decide the balance within your own experience - go experiment and when you have the experiences that correspond to living certain distinct imbalances between these, let us know what you discover.

4. You wrote,

"I can halucinate what Castenada might say, but I'm not sure what I think about this yet."

Whatever Carlos would say is moot at this point. I would say that cultivating the ability to change belief systems like you change your shirt and with full congruency when you step into each of a series of incompatible belief systems would be a worthy challenge for you or anyone for that matter,

All the best,

John

Entire Thread

TopicDate PostedPosted By
Feed Forward of Experience25/02/2003 19:25:04Eric
     Re:Feed Forward of Experience26/02/2003 19:16:22John Grinder
          Re:Re:Feed Forward of Experience26/02/2003 20:56:12Eric Rudnick
               Re:Re:Re:Feed Forward of Experience26/02/2003 21:10:13John Grinder
                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Feed Forward of Experience27/02/2003 02:12:15Eric Rudnick
                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Feed Forward of Experience27/02/2003 16:40:14John Grinder
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Feed Forward of Experience02/03/2003 05:07:41Eric Rudnick

Forum Home